As the demand for hair products such as wigs, extensions, tape-ins, clip-ins, and more has grown, we have found many options. MissyQuai offers six different hair collections for our customers. With so many hair extension textures on the market today, it can be hard to understand what’s out there and best for you.
It is easy to become overwhelmed with the never-ending options on the market today, especially if you are venturing into the world of human hair extensions for the first time. It can be hard to distinguish between Raw Hair and Virgin Hair, but they have distinct characteristics, making the decision-making process more manageable.
Raw hair is the purest and most natural form available on the market. It is unprocessed, 100% human hair. It has never been chemically processed or had any heat applied to it. Raw hair is natural and blends very well with your hair.
Characteristics of Raw Hair:
- All the cuticles are aligned
- Raw Hair has not been altered in any way by steam or chemical processing
- Sourced from one donor
- Available hair textures are limited to natural hair patterns such as natural wave, curly, and straight
- It can last up to 5 years with excellent care.
- Usually has a higher price point than virgin hair
Now, here is where lines tend to be blurred for some persons with the difference between Raw and Virgin Hair. Virgin hair is 100% human hair that has never been chemically processed. Virgin hair is typically silky, with medium to high luster, sourced from multiple donors. It, however, is steam processed, which is how textures such as body wave, deep wave, water wave, kinky curly, Kinky Straight, and other textures are achieved.
Virgin hair is trendy because you can dye, cut, and bleach the hair and treat it as your own.
Characteristics of Virgin Hair:
- Undamaged hair cuticles
- The hair has not been dyed, permed, bleached, or washed with harsh chemicals.
- It has been steamed to create a more uniform curl or wave pattern.
- Available hair textures are endless.
- It can last up to 2 years with proper care.
- It is mainly sourced from multiple donors.
The critical thing to remember:
Virgin hair is steamed to achieve different textures. Raw hair has not been altered by steam or chemical treatment.
It is imperative to remember that raw hair is all virgin hair, but not all virgin hair makes for raw hair. This is the main difference between virgin hair and raw hair.
Which type of hair you decide on is dependent mainly on your desired style for your hair. There is no absolute definition that makes one better than the other.
Explore our Collections!